Friday, October 22, 2010

TGIF

TGIF to all you hard workers out there!!!

So my critique was PHENOMENAL. Talking about deep aspirations, emotions that have never been uncovered, putting myself out there like an open book for all the read, was so satisfying. I felt so alive, I felt I was exactly where I should be. Conversing with true artists, so much talent in one little room, so much inside to come out and be discovered, and these photographers have been doing this for years, some 30 years, and they still have yet to find hidden talent from within. I raise my hand as the newest comer and explain I've only been shooting for a month, maybe six weeks, with my sheer lack of experience, they were still completely impressed with what I have accomplished in such a short period of time. Astonishment. So impressed, they want ME to create a blog for our little photography society, which when up and running will be open to the public and I will of course share the link so you all can see what other fabulous photographers I am working with. As the critique continued, I sat there with my eyes wide open at the pictures being shown, I could not believe some of what I saw. Sitting next to these people who have years and years of experience under their belts, and I was the one being shown as the example! My photos, my blog, my creations, my inspirations, my mind... pretty fucking sweet if you ask me!


Soo, the whole point of a critique, besides the obvious critiquing, is to help find my distinct path down photography lane. And I can actually say that I am starting to see my yellow brick road forming in front of me. Just as a musician has a very specific path, I'm finding out that photographers are the exact same way. No musician is good at every genre of music and every instrument. Lets take Jimi Hendrix for example because I love everything about him and his music. He is considered to be the greatest electric guitarist in the history of rock music. So in the world of music, Jimi Hendrix, although sick at vocals, bass, drums, keyboard, and percussion, he went down in history for his psychedelic rock music and his electric guitar. What I'm trying to figure out is what's my psychedelic electric guitar? What's my specific path that will make me stand out from everyone else? The two photos that were stopped and stared at, and that are leading me in my direction are these... 



SHOUT OUT TO MONTOYA- WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOUR CRAZY SEXY SELF! THANKS, NERD!

I am absolutely obsessed with these photos, they just marry so well. You can see it, I don't have to explain anything at all. It's funny because in taking all the photos I have thus far, which is about 2000, maybe more, I knew in my mind that these two were my best, they go together, I had a vision, its the Male/Female version of the same picture. AMAZING. But to hear that come from other people, other photographers who know what they're actually talking about, told me this is the beginning of my yellow brick road. I felt it. Now my mission, create a third picture. How do you do this? There is no answer. It's a feeling, an emotion, a thought, an idea, it just has to happen. I guess only time will tell where my yellow brick road will lead.......



2 comments:

  1. So happy your critique went so well!! Keep up the amazing good and inspiring work! Can't wait to follow your progress!

    I love you,

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my two favorite pics you have posted so far. I love reading your blog because you can tell it comes form the heart. I look forward to following you on your "yellow brick road"

    ReplyDelete