Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hello Beautiful World!

I am Sam Hill and welcome to What In The Sam Hill NOW!

I have always wanted to start a blog but truthfully, I never felt I had a cool enough creation of my own that I would like to blog about, let alone share with the rest of the world!  But FINALLY here begins my journey of photography, music, and a little bit of magic.

I get my true inspiration from music, from the greatest artists ever to walk this planet, and those would be the artists who practically created music, the artists of the one and only best two decades so far this world has ever seen (in my opinion) and that would be the 60s and 70s. The au naturale hippie era. Where Peace Love and Happiness was the slogan of many. If I were to ever find a magic lamp with a genie inside and he granted me three wishes, I would have to say one of my wishes would 100% be to take me back to that time. I would totally be one of those girls at Woodstock with hair long enough to cover me so I could walk around topless, my body covered head to toe in sunflowers and tie dye, spreading the peace and love to anyone who crossed my path. I would be air guitaring on some guys shoulders with Jimi Hendrix as he rocked out to The Star Spangled Banner. He is one of my original inspirations, along with Jim Morrison, The Doors (who are my all time favorite group I get endless amounts of inspiration from), Bob Marley, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, and I saved one of the best for last, no one else but the Beatles. And those are just to name a few. It's the lyrics, the music, the meaning, that these artists were expressing to the world, the passions they were trying to pursue and spread across countries, that is where my true inspiration comes from. You will see throughout my work, every album has a title that is either a quote or song lyric that expresses my inspiration for the album. Also, some pictures will have their own title, getting deeper into my expression, these too are triggered by quotes/song lyrics. I have started an index as the bottom of my page for you to see where I got the titles, quotes, lyrics, etc. from, the songwriter, what song it's from, the album and year stated, if known. I want my audience to be able to see where each inspiration is stemmed from, and then I leave it up to you, as to where to go from there with that information.

So thanks for coming and get ready to take a walk on my wild side...

1 comment:

  1. Sammy!

    This is soo exciting. I hope you know that even without this you have already left your unforgettable mark on this world. I am inspired by you every day and already love this blog so can't wait to see what else you post!

    Peace, Love & Eternal Happiness,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete