Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ode to the Fall Leaf

Ode to the Fall Leaves. I'm gone for a weekend and the leaves have already changed colors. I actually love this time of year because the leaves in the Fall on Long Island are magnificent. The neighborhoods are just doused with trees, tree coverings every other street, you feel as though hidden deep on the first layer of a great rich forest. Don't you love your imagination. I love mine. I really do. Me being infatuated with colors the way that I am, I notice the most beautiful fully changed fallen leaf laying so breathlessly in between my two feet, as I stood out of my car. I picked it up and it was as if it was filled with some magical light and it gave birth to all these ideas all at once through my finger tips on a nonstop route to my brain. I knew I had to get to work.

I have discovered that I like turning the camera on myself. It actually is something that most photographers refuse to do. So I figure, let's walk in the direction where all else fail to go. I got a tripod as a nice little gift from my dad, and when I say gift I mean it's the tripod from an old school video camera made cerca 1965, but it works and it works quite well when photographing myself. It's an interesting feeling, turning the camera on yourself, blindly shooting. People walking by and watching, their expressions blatantly read, what in the sam hill??! Haha more like what the fuck??! I love the feeling, it feels so good so right, I get so lost in my own little sam hill world. In that world, that's where the magic really happens.

SO with the crisp Fall presence on my mind, a single beautiful perfectly changed Fall leaf, my hand dandy tripod, and ME on my mind, this is what happens...











4 comments:

  1. Again, you amaze me. Your experience with cancer has opened your eyes to the simple beauty in the world around you. You have taken a beautiful piece of nature and turned it into a work of art. What makes it so special is how you captured the wonder of nature by the expressions on your face. Thank you for allowing me to see the world through "Sam Hill's" eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto to what mom said...PS. Love ya sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your expressions are so much fun!!!! Great job with color! Love the blue nails!! And hey, that tripod was from the 90'S !!!!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up and love love love these shots!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete