Wednesday, October 13, 2010

For long you live and high you fly, but only if you ride the tide.

Weather is something I have looked at so differently ever since I started getting into photography. The sky is amazing, how different it can look from one minute to the next. Towards the summers end, we experienced so much rapidly changing weather, one second it was a gorgeous sunny day, the next there were hurricane watches all across the east coast. I decided to take advantage of Mother Nature and her crazy self, and ventured to the beach right before one of those hurricanes was supposed to arrive. It is such an experience going to the beach on any day but a bright sunny day, let alone being completely alone on the beach, it is totally eerie. But me, I see this as perfect opportunity, total inspiration, to be able to see what most people don't get to see, that exhilarates me. As I sit in my car, filling the air with sweet herbal remedies, scanning through my ipod trying to figure out what I want to listen to as I walk along this cold stormy beach without a single sole in sight, my brain automatically thought, Pink Floyd. A trippy situation calls for trippy music. Dark Side of the Moon starts to play, one of my go-to albums. I love listening to albums from start to finish, you really get to experience the true lyrical themes the artists were trying to get across to its listeners. For this album, lyrical themes include conflict, greed, the passage of time, death, and insanity, all streaming through my brain as I bravely take hold of the beach through my single lens...






Riders On The Storm

Three Little Birds



Take a Walk on the Wild Side

1 comment:

  1. You totally inspire me! I can't wait to follow your blog every day! Thanks for being you!!!















    1

    ReplyDelete