Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Love is the flower you got to let it -- you got to let it grow.

I was playing with my dog Jackson recently (cutest yellow lab in the world), when I noticed all these magnificent flowers. I love spending my days wandering around outside, wherever I may be, but what better excuse to be outside than taking your dog to the park. Lucky me, I live two houses away from my neighborhood park. Being that it is no longer summer, beautiful bright flowers were the last thing on my mind. When Fall officially washes away the last days of summer, you start to see all sorts of mums, cabbage, kale, plants with much deeper and darker colors. When I realized what was happening, I was inspired to make an album of the last flowers of summer. As I wondered aimlessly through this park, I began to listen to my Beatles station on Pandora on my droid, when this song by John Lennon came on that I never heard before. As I listen to the lyrics, simultaneously taking pictures of flowers, I hear... "Love is the answer and you know that for sure. Love is the flower you got to let it, you got to let it grow."





Alice in Wonderland


And The Wind, It Cries Mary



Let it Bee






The Jackson Stretch






2 comments: