Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lose your dreams And you will lose your mind

Oh the glorious bubble bath. So many thoughts are formed when floating so lifelessly in the warmest most soothing water temperature with the sweet smells of cocoa butter and oils. The Sound of Silence, as your ears creep under the water. About to let go of all feelings, emotions, bad thoughts, and BAM! just like that, idea hits.. Now how the hell am I supposed to write my idea down, when I can't possibly move an inch? Aint life a bitch sometimes. 

The song that so nicely interrupted my peace of mind, but influenced this idea is one of my all time favorites. I will listen to this song in almost any time of need, because it's that amazing. Is a song recorded by the lovely Rolling Stones in 1966, probably most recognized by the American casual dining restaurant chain, Ruby Tuesday. There's a few reasons I have so much love for this song. One, the song is about a groupie of the band (for all of you who don't know, which is just about everybody, I am being Penny Lane from Almost Famous for halloween, Kate Hudsons character, shot it, its too perfect). I would love to live the life of a groupie during the 60s, but a groupie who had good ins with an awesome band, like the Stones, ahh what a surreal life. Two, this song is played in the movie The Royal Tenenbaums when Richie Tenenbaum (Luke Wilson) meets his sister Margot Helen Tenenbaum (Gwyneth Paltrow) in the tent up in his childhood room, listening to some records, they confess their love for each other, KISS, fully makeout, lay for a moment, and then Ruby Tuesday starts playing. I am a HUGE fan of Wes Anderson, so expect to see his movies pop up throughout my blog. The man is a genius, he creates weird over the top movies, but every one is inimitable. It's that wacky outlandish mindset (another mind I absolutely admire- Tim Burton) that gets my mind going, thinking, absorbing, creating...

Ruby Tuesday has a few amazing quotes within, but the lyrics that made this peculiar but awesome idea pop into my head, while so deeply immersed in my bubble bath, was

There's no time to lose, I heard her say
Catch your dreams before they slip away
Dying all the time
Lose your dreams
And you will lose your mind.
Aint life unkind?


And with all the above, you get this...... a thought of m i n e, put to creation

















No comments:

Post a Comment